Author Topic: Cheat Codes for Zinc  (Read 11808 times)

BoneDragon

• View Profile
Cheat Codes for Zinc
« on: March 04, 2007, 02:19:39 PM »
Hi! I hope this is the right forum here, I have here the MAME cheatcodes for TS2J, can you add them to your trainer or is there another possibility to use them with Zinc?

00000001:366AFF:0000000B:FFFFFFFF:Play with Uranus PL1:Enable on the character selection screen

00000001:366AFF:0000000C:FFFFFFFF:Play with Master PL1:Enable on the character selection screen

00000001:366D6F:0000000B:FFFFFFFF:Play with Uranus PL2:Enable on the character selection screen

00000001:366D6F:0000000C:FFFFFFFF:Play with Master PL2:Enable on the character selection screen

Greetings BoneDragon

P.S.: I like that game and I would be glad to use all characters in that game

joyrider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cheat Codes for Zinc
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 04:46:54 PM »
Hi,

as far as i'm aware there is currently no way to use those cheat codes in zinc, but i'll see what i can do with them. If it doesn't crash the game when being enabled outside the character screen, i'll see that i add it otherwise i'm affraid i won't add it cause i don't want the trainer to be responsible for zinc crashes, the emulator authors wouldn't like that.
Also as far as i'm aware those characters are normally not playable on the arcade version so it could pose some problems in the game or end sequences this has to be tested to be sure. But i'll tell u what if i'm able to find the cheat adress in zinc i'll let u know how u can use it without having to use the trainer, u'll need a tool called TSearch for that. I'll post a follow up later on

BoneDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 04:59:33 PM »
I dont know if this is helpfull (the thing about crashing) for you but i have tested these cheats on mame and the results are the following:

-I have played the game with Uranus and Master (They have different colours, too!) through end, no crash and no problemes when entering my name into high score

-If I select the uranus cheat, the cursor of the characters selection screen goes to Gaia
 The last enemy before Master is Duke (like in the PC/PSX Version)

-If I select the Master cheat, the cursor goes to tracy (next to gaia I think, or was it Chaos, i am not sure)
 The last enemy/boss is Uranus (like in the PC/PSX Version)

-Their moves are excactly the same like in the pc version (which runs too fast on windows xp :-(

I hope this could help you.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:13:17 PM by BoneDragon »

joyrider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »
I have found the adresses :)
Unfortunatly i have no time to update the trainer but i'll explain to u how u can play with them without the trainer. As said before you will need TSearch (it's the tool i use to find cheats in zinc), i have placed a copy for u here : http://users.pandora.be/IMS/misc/tsearch.rar .
Run zinc and then open up Tsearch, in tsearch click on open process button and select zinc.exe once u have done that click on the add new cheat button (it's the white page button above the text "description") and enter 674E7EF as adress and give it the description Player 2. Then click again on the new cheat button and enter 674E57F and give it the description Player 1. U should now have 2 cheats in the cheat window. The only thing u need to do now is enter the value's and enable the cheat. Value 11 = Uranus and Value 12 = Master. So enter the value and click on the checkbox (on the left side from the description) a smiley face should appear in the checkbox, this will mean that the cheat is active. now go back to zinc and u can now play with either uranus or master (depending on the value u entered in the cheats list). If u want to change from player u'll have to edit the value in the cheat list. Once u got it working u can save the cheat list for later on when u want to use it again.

btw i think i can convert any mame code to zinc adresses i'm starting to see a pattern :)
so if u want some other cheats let me know which ones and i'll give u the adress for tsearch for the time being, once i have some more time i'll add it to the trainer.

If u can't get it work please tell me what u don't understand. I have just tested it and it works without a problem.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:33:55 PM by joyrider »

BoneDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »
Thanks for the quickly reply! Im now online with my knoppix cd but I will try these cheats later. If I will find other good mame cheats to use with zinc, you'll be the first I tell! :)

BoneDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 07:28:21 PM »
Ok, I´ve tested it, it works fine! Of course the chars are Ellis (for Uranus) and Gaia (for Master). Its really good the programm shows me the values for the characters!

Now can you give me (if you have) the adress (Chars, characters or something) for Streetfigher EX 2 Plus (Japan).
I want to figure out the value of Shin or Final M.Bison (Vega in Jp) an try to use him as well. If I fight against him, his value should be displayed :-)

joyrider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:46:21 PM »
I don't have that adress, but i did a quick look for it, i found an adress that allaws u to see change the player on the player select screen, unfortunatly the same trick as with battle arena toshinden doesn't work here :( but i'll still give u the adress, it are 2 adresses : 6406A92 and 6406A90 both for player 1 and 6406A91 and 6406A93 for player 2 but u can't really do anothing with them only select valid players

BoneDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 04:26:31 PM »
Well, its ok. That´s not so important. Using Final Bison would be too cheap anyway. There´s also no MAME cheat for him.

BoneDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
Another question, how did you figure out the adress for toshinden 2 and sfex2p so quickly? Did you take the mame adress and convert (how?) it to tsearch? Or did you just look for changed values? For example i have tried to figure out the character selection of soul Edge, i first searched for not changed values, than moved the cursor to another character than searched for changed values but there were so many values, I could not figure out the right value.

joyrider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 02:31:26 PM »
U have to keep repeating the searches (continue a search) for example start with search for unknown value, change ure player 1 to the right and do an increased by 1 search, then don't move the player and search for value has not changed then move player 1 to the left and search for has decresed by 1. keep repeating till u only have a few values left. also a ranged search could be handy to seearch between 0 & 25 cause most games don't have so many players. if that didn't work u'll need to try with value has changed & not changed. but u have to do more then 1 search keep repeating u'll get there eventually. Also u should start looking for the player select timer code first so that u have enough time to search for the characters :)

64D6F4C is timer code for Soul edge SO 3, 64D7660 is player code but again the trick doesn't work.

i've done cheat searching a lot on zinc so i know my way around with it :)
took me ages to find certain cheats doh like tekkens unlimited life, not to mention the unlock secret character cheats those where a pain in the ass :)

but i like doing cheats and currently i'm waiting for a new release from zinc to start all most probably all over again if cheating is still possible time will tell :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 02:35:30 PM by joyrider »

BoneDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »
Ok, I will do my best. Shall I found a useful code, I´ll tell you so you can include it to your trainer, ok?

At the moment I am out of work so I have some time to search for cheats ;)